Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The death of a facebook account...


Hi Rozita,
You have deactivated your Facebook account. You can reactivate your account at any time by logging into Facebook using your old login email and password. You will be able to use the site like you used to.
Thanks,
The Facebook Team


Can't believe but i have finally taken this step :)
After 5 years of being on facebook i finally decide to quit. Atleast for a while, thats for sure. But then again, can we really be sure about anything in life?

Anyways, so the next step of this 'rehab' (yes its no less than quitting smoking!) is to utilise this freed time for writing and reading. As geeky as it sounds but that is the reason why I have deactivated my account.
My story is the same as millions of other facebook users- 'Addiction'
Need i say more?

Lately I had started feeling that there is so much more wiser and intelligent to do with one's time than refreshing your facebook page every 10min! or spending long hours doing nothing on facebook! yes doing absolutely 'nothing' consumes way too much time on this frankenstein monster created by zuckerberg.

So, here I am, from now on my stars will be blogger and twitter who will get all my attention during my rehab. Looking forward to the wiser me :) Hello - reading and writing!

There is so much that requires my attention. Coming few months will be busy busy with thesis, composting project and planning for June 5!
Last week along with turning a year older, I guess I got some wisdom too :) (Please bear with my obsession with wisdom)

Goodnight world! I hope I feel so kicked in the morning too....


2 comments:

Rozita Singh said...

Just realised that in the after-life of facebook, it is really tough to find an audience for ur creative work :| i mean on facebook, you can anytime post any link or your blog post or any thought and it is instantly viewed by ur 300+ friends.
Now, I am back to the old way of writing mails to people :p
quite an effort!

Manish Dhar said...

when you leave facebook,its then when you actually realize why its called "social networking" ,just one status and 300+ people are aware of your blog and now the cumbersome mailing process,feels archaic :p