Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Betrayal....

This is dedicated to a dear, close friend who is fighting the battle of cancer. This was a result of anger and frustration and that thought: Why her?

It grows inside me,
I may not know!
where did it come from?
betrayal of my own cell
it will alter and control whatever was built since inception

who will stop it?
shots of chemicals and rays
will give me a second body.
but what about my injured soul?
who'l mend whats changed 
will I ever get to know, who betrayed me?
as I mourn the betrayal of my own cells....

I see green and blue for months and months
the sanitized smell is now a permanent guest
privacy lost, veins exposed
the nurse gets me the mundane fuel
on a fat bed I lose and thin....

a stranger stares back from the mirror
as I traveled a decade in a year.
the mane is coming back but the soul is gone
I call out to it, but the hurt fellow has left for far
what haunts me, are not the scars,
but the sheer memories of the life that was

will I ever get to know, who betrayed me?
as I mourn the betrayal of my own cells....

3 comments:

Manish Dhar said...

This is what i had written for her a while back---
Match Result “Life = Won & Death =Lost”

Looking into the stars & thanking life…
For the ephemeral yet meaningful strive…

The day went on like usual…
Never knew, god would turn up being so frugal…

Her life was full of passion & zest…
Not a dead zeal like us in the so called “living” nest…


Each day for her, was more special the past…
It was all but living the present & not so callously fast…

That penchant for each moment to embark on something new…
Is a lesson she taught “unspoken” to a billion odd few..

Then, one fine day, someone had a wicked plan…
A game to defeat her “WILL” began…

It was possibly the biggest fraud…
The one in opposition this time was none other than GOD…

We all “lame” people shimmered, withered & swayed…
The roaring “WILL” within her kept unaltered & stayed

We all “lost” the battle even before it had start…
While she had a different plan of her to chart…

She kept withering, stuttering but the battle was not ”where” god had thought.. .
Her “WILL” laid in “MIND” not body as “he” had thought…

Reduced to a mere “fraction” was her frame…
“Complacent” god thought that was all left of the game…

The distraught body made the mind even strong…
Even god was stripped down to thong…

He finally gave up on his endeavor t he had sought…
Her willingness to live justified all noble thought…

We may take several births to achieve this one feat…
Even us mortals with just mere WILL can make death succumb to defeat…

It’s neither empathy nor sympathy what made me write this…
It’s mere respect till eternity for you, All bliss…

Rozita Singh said...

Its one of your best works! :)
please revive sightsofme.blogspot.com

I miss your poetry...

khulja sim sim said...

Rozi and Manish, your thoughts are extremely well portrayed by words. Deep, very deep indeed.